June 23, 2007

Whispers in the dark.

I prayed for you last night. You don't know that because you were sleeping. Deep in the night an anxiety came over me that stopped my breath, and I responded as I always do. I turned to my Lover and prayed until the thoughts and emotions fled and peace came.

Who are you?

Names whispered in the dark to the One who knows them best. Just a name because He knows the heart of every one. Some I know too, others only a little. There was one who needed their name spoken in the ear of a God who listens.

You don't know because you were sleeping.


It has been while since I 've been woken in the night and done intercession. I had been given a time of rest. I know it is time to move on and continue, all in one step.

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

you are a faithful servant!

Erin said...

...grateful for your obedience...