Okay this blog is coming with advance warning. It will be a rant. I don't do it very often so I hope that you will give me the airspace to let me process these feelings. I'm not saying that what I am feeling is accurate, just that's it's where I am at right now. I really would appreciate input.
In light of everything that has been happening around me and in my circle of influence I have to say that it really pisses me off how self-centered and selfish some of us so called 'christians' can be. I don't think I like many christians these days. (It has been a while since I have been outright and open on this blog, but it's my blog and I'll say what I want to.) If it seems that I am talking about you, I probably am and if it seems that I am talking about somebody else you're wrong, I really am talking about you.
I am sick to death (literally, if you read my last post) of all the in fighting and debate about what we do in our lives or how we do 'church'. There isn't time for you to nurse your feelings of insecurity and debate your right to have what you feel is due you in the body of Christ. There are people dying out there in the world without the knowlege of how much God loves them. As a christian, (if that is how you identify yourself) it is your responsibility to show them who Christ is. Right now, I don't think there are many non-christians who would want to know Christ by what they see in us. I am deeply ashamed at times to be associated by name with some of the antics that I see happening in this culture that we call church.
Now, don't get all twisted up in the delivery of this message but hear what I am saying. You who are mature in your walk know what is right and what is wrong. Why do you debate it? Hasn't he been clear to you what He desires of you? Don't you see that even those without the holy spirit to guide them know the simple morality of getting along with each other? What does it say to them that even we christians who are supposed to be so good and enlightened don't act on even the basics of what God expects of us. It's not a complicated thing. Is having what you want so important to you that you cannot see how it discredits the gospel message, the very integrity of His light in you? Is your pride so important? Will it justify your actions on the day of his judgement?
Now there are some of you who are thinking that I am not being very loving, that I am judging you. You are probably right. But if it is a choice between telling the truth about Jesus or offending you...well, you can see what choice I made.
The days are short and there are many who have yet to know him. You may have only one chance to make an impact. What does your life say about your God?
9 comments:
wow, thanks. you go girl.
sue, do you attend my chruch? sounds similar, also mirrors a few of my rants the last 6 months
I think we get stuck into believing what we want to believe.
Can't expect goats to act like sheep, girl.
spoken with passion, now that's the revolution called Christianity...we need more.
thanks, that was refreshing. i appriciate your honesty and insight on those very real issues.
-leah
As a staff member of a traditional SBC church, i am amazed at the accuracy of this post. Here in the south, many/most are Baptists first and followers of Christ second. Even have people, when confronted with scripture, will say it does not matter. I will do it my way. there is an anger seething in me that is about to explode. as i look around and see people that need to see the love of Jesus in His people, most of what i see is self centeredness that says "i want it my way. messages that make me feel good. songs that i like. spend the money my way. the sound just right. the temps just right. and while you are at it- bring me a cup of coffee." where is the sense of urgency? where is the longing to be like Him? I love God with all my heart, but He did not send His Son to die for this.
Awsome!
Bring down the walls!
Spill it out!
Sell it off!
Get real!
Do whatever it takes!
great post. now we just need to examine our hearts and DO something about it.....
Post a Comment