"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt..."(James 1:15,16).
Years ago someone gave me these guidelines when I was trying to make a decision. Recently they were in a devotional I received. I was encouraged that through the years I had automatically applied them to most of the more important decisions I made. I can see how they have influenced my life. I thought that you might find them interesting.
1. Does it follow the principles of God's Word? Ask yourself questions such as: Would I have to compromise my integrity in any way? Would anyone be deliberately hurt by my decision? How would this impact the balance of my life? Carefully consider all your thoughts and see if your thinking is lining up with the things you know that God requires of you.
2. Do the circumstances fit together? Ask yourself if the practical aspects of this decision make sense right now. What are the risks involved if I make this decision? How will this impact the financial aspect of my life? What is the worst thing that could go wrong? Could I live with that result?
3. Do I have peace? When we think through our decisions, inviting God to impart His wisdom to us, we will get a sense of peace if we are to follow through. Pay attention to what is going on in your spirit and know you have asked the Holy Spirit to guide you. He brings clarity, not confusion.
1 comment:
great thots. thanks
Post a Comment