November 19, 2004

Where's the beef!??

So I'm wondering if I could possibly express an opinion that would strike up such a huge assault of comments like some of out other bloggers do. I think I have decided that I am not the type of personality that would go even try to stir up a hornets nest. Although there are obviously some hot (and I do mean hot) topics out there! Like cake!
The topic that came up at study the other night was drugs! I work in a recovery home for women, drugs are my area of expertise. Addictions 'speak' is my second language. (By the way it is amazing what can be used for drug paraphenalia.) The drug of choice we spoke of at study that night was ...just a moment I have to close the door before I say it...it was...sshhh...meat.
Yup, it is sad to say we do have some meat addicts in our midst. They are new to this addiction. They were good vegans until someone slipped them some fish. No pun intended. It is common knowlege that fish is the entry meat for an full blown addiction to meat. It goes to chicken next, and then the red meats. Once those hit your lips you are fully immersed. So sad...
We'll be starting a new 12 step program soon. I will keep you posted.

8 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

you are a brave soul to open that can of worms (they are meat right?)

MUD said...

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?

I'll leave it up to one of you ladies out there to say....

MMMMM...BEEFCAKE

MUD said...

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Anonymous said...

hey, i thot what was talked about in study, stayed in study ! now does anyone know where i can get some good gravy????

lori said...

i heard there was a new outbreak of mad cow disease - i just didn't know it was here!!

lori said...

you're right rose...i've had sore paws all day, my fleas are bugging me, and something's wrong with my bark...

MUD said...

Is it worse than your bite?

Susy said...

I'm in denial
WAIT!!! ....
NO!!!!! I'M NOT!!!
......
I'll never give it up... NEVER!
....
and....
you can't make me