Satan is such a wily adversary. For all the spiritual battles I have been in you would think that I would recognize another one when I see it. The blinders are on and in my 'human'ness I am defeated before I have begun. When I keep my eyes fixed on Christ there is no doubt. I can stand strong and trust that He stands with me.
As a community we need to stand strong too. As an army well trained to know each others strengths and weaknesses. We need to see when one is doing battle and be ready to get his back. We have to be willing to call out to God and each other, 'Over here, come fight with me here.' I have never trained in a military setting but I know the success of a 'mission' depends on the ability to work as a team.
The prayers on sunday of those who gathered around me lifted me to a place where I could seek the truth and find it. Thank you for that, another battle has been won. Praising God and dancing before Him at street church helped too.
Joy in the sorrow.
Trusting God
Standing in the ready with my fellow believers.
I am going to walk by faith not by fear, not by sight.
Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, authorities, against the powers of the dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to this take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmut of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
13 comments:
and thanks be to God who give us discernment, and strength and courage to meet the enemy straight on. and then give us the victory!!!
I think cake is one of his schemes
'it is a noble thing not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that cakes your brother stumble'...(rom.14:21 - definitely revised)
MMMMM...MEAT
MMMMM...WINE
MMMMM...MEAT-WINE-CAKE
Is it time for a meat,whine, and cake party?
meat you all new years eve. bring the cake, but don't bring the whine.....
I don't know how keen i would be about eating a whining cakey meat, i think i'll pass unless you separate them
haha, where did this whole cake thing originate?
When you talk about satan is that the same as the devil...MMMMM...devils food cake
Stop I can't cake anymore!!!
you're all insane. no wonder you understand me.
Post a Comment