September 13, 2004

Sounds of Battle

God has been doing an amazing work in our church body recently. I know though that whatever God builds up Satan wishes to destroy. It always surprises me how swifty the lashback comes and who is used to do it. I am not frightened by it but it does make me angry. I hate to see people I love being hurt. I think too often satan succeeds in using other christians without them being aware of it. Then when they percieve their mistake he grinds that sword of guilt right into their side. Satan will get you coming and going.
We need to always be aware that what we fight is a spiritual battle, not one of flesh and blood. We need to be aware of the ways that the enemy does battle, not to give him credit for his craftiness, but to be ready. He is not very original, uses the same methods over and over. If we can recognize his ways then we can undermine his ability to decieve us.
I work graveyard shifts and spend a lot of time in prayer during the quietness of the night. It is a special time with the Lord. He has taught me a lot there. He prepares me for the battle. There really is no other way to prepare than to be in His word and praying, singing His praises and worshipping Him. Which brings me to my point. Don't rely only on what has been happening on sunday morning to sustain you through the week. Dive into the well of joy He has for you during the week. He will duplicate and expand on your experience, He will pour out on you more and more and more. Amazing, wonderful, counselor and saviour, I thank you Lord for your presence. It is water to my soul. Can you hear the trumpet sound?

2 comments:

Scott said...

preach it sister!

Erin said...

Amen, Amen, & Amen!