November 10, 2008

Extra Grace Required

We all know them. They come into our lives all the time, those people who are in a 'special' place. The are extra vulnerable, they try our patience, we don't always understand where they are at, and why they are so needy. They are the EGRs, the 'extra grace required'.

Right now, I am one of them. And I don't like it one bit.

It's pretty humbling really. I cry at the slightest thing, experience panic attacks and am unable to make the simplest decisions. I am needy, probably co-dependent and completely unreliable. I am not myself, and haven't been for quite some time.

Extra Grace Required.

I know that everything we go through is a learning experience. I've said it before that the things we process through our emotions are the lessons that stay with us for the rest of our lives. This last week has been a deep learning experience. I am thankful for friends who see my need and are willing to step in, even when extra grace is required to deal with me.

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God. The holy dwelling places of the most high. God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns." Psalm 46:4-5

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

I wish I could give you a hug. I know its not fun to be in the "EGR" place. If there is anything I can do or you want to talk let me know.

Praying for you...