We've been living in our house for about 14 years now. I liked the kitchen when we moved in, except for the floor. Black and white tiles in a checkerboard pattern. I've been making do with it for all that time. Waiting for a new kitchen. I've blogged about that before.
So here is my latest attempt at making do...in picture form.
I've painted green, not my first choice but we are making do here...
My husband (a very talented man) has made a cabinet and countertop (see that lovely blue laminate, that's from the last house we reno-ed a kitchen in) to hold the gas cooktop that was a birthday present from a year and a half ago, (he also had to plumb in the gas line for that, like I said, 'very talented'), to replace this monstrosity,
which is FINALLY giving up and breaking down after many years of abuse and misrepresentation in this here blog.
As you can see there are some things that you just can't cover up, even with some thing the size of a refridgerater. (spell check just does not like that word so I'm spelling it how I want to.)
This is another wall...just in case you are interested.
and here's a picture of 'the wall that once was'. We took that one out a few years back after I marked it with a big 'X' and a dotted line that said, 'cut along dotted line'. seriously, I did.
Really, I am a very patient person and very good a making 'do'. Making 'doo' though, that's a blog for another day...
6 comments:
cut here... that makes me laugh!
i also thought that the word on the wall was "fat" instead of "eat" at first - HA!
i love your kitchen window - how neat to be able to have so much light and a place to put plants and such - beautiful!
i too am a 'make-do-er' but there are times when those limits just don't do anymore...
It looks totally welcoming to me.
:)
Ooooo......you got your cooktop installed! NICE!!
Where do you keep your twist ties?
What a big difference - your hubby does have a lot of talent to do that to the oven, its my fave part of your kitchen...very cool!
ooh, that green stove looks like some machine, I betcha love your new gas one!
i've made do all my life in rental properties with kitchen's of all types or not, one house we lived in had a sink and the benches either end of it and that was it!
we're building now, and it's a real mind game for me to go and choose whatever (well within a very tight budget!) for a brand new kitchen
the cut along here line made me laugh, sounds like something I'd do
Post a Comment