Thinking of you today, miss your laughter. Your friend played this at your funeral. I was thinking then, and today, of the last time I saw you. I sat beside you at church, I was so surprised to see that it was you. You don't know but I spent most of that service praying for you. It seems odd now, that I was moved to do so. I realize how different my prayers would have been, had I only known.
...being created from the love of God and continually being loved by God are not enough for us. We want and also absolutely depend on the explicit confirmation by others of the life given us by God. We need God's love for us to be met, confirmed, and extended by the love and affirmation of others. That is why when people feel unloved by others, it is little consolation to tell them that they are loved by God.' Paul Waddel
September 10, 2007
For Tasha
Thinking of you today, miss your laughter. Your friend played this at your funeral. I was thinking then, and today, of the last time I saw you. I sat beside you at church, I was so surprised to see that it was you. You don't know but I spent most of that service praying for you. It seems odd now, that I was moved to do so. I realize how different my prayers would have been, had I only known.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
**hugs**
The world needs more people like you...
It's funny how music imprints on us, you will think of Tasha every time you hear this song forever. I have them too.
(((hugs)))
(((HUGS)))
It is a beautiful song. Praying for you and their family as well. I too have the songs that are imprinted on your heart that every time you hear them you remember the day. Whether it be good or bad.
HUGS
Post a Comment