March 15, 2007

Life and Death moments.

I knew it was only a matter of time that somewhere in the course of my job it would happen. I had two Homicide detectives come to my work last night looking for information on the murder of a young girl. As I said to them, these women have had life experiences and associations that we couldn't even imagine.

It was a reminder to me of many things, but this one thing stands out to me; that we need to make the most of every minute that God gives us, we may never have the opportunity again.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

oh no....
the girls always grad with such hope - but its so tough out there, and certainly not easy for them...
thankfully they have women like you who faithfully plant those seeds of hope in their hearts.

Gigi said...

I am so sorry......just so sorry....so many people living wounded and being wounded more by the seemingly good intentions even of others.....I am just so sorry....what you do with them is amazing, to have half your heart....praying for all as you go through this...

Michelle said...

That's so hard. Emotionally that's a very hard job you do. God has given you such an amazing heart.

We really do need to make the most of the time given us though. It's so easy to concentrate on the future when the present may be all we really have.