March 11, 2007

A covering of peace.

She came down the stairs in the middle of the night so I knew already that there was something wrong, even if her tears hadn't pre-warned me.
I don't know she said, I keep having awful dreams, every time I go to sleep. I'm afraid to close my eyes, I don't want to see anything. I'm afraid to sleep, afraid of what I'll see. What is happening Sue? I don't understand.
She is so upset and I wonder how she will receive what I am about to tell her. There is no other way.
You are having a spiritual battle while you are sleeping. Satan is filling your mind with horrible images to scare you and mess with your peace, with the growth you are experiencing.
It's like she already knew what I was going to say, she recognizes the truth of it. Like a fog lifted and a blanket placed around her shoulders I see the peace of knowing the truth settle around her. She grows calm. I encourage her to pray out loud and remind her of the authority that Christ has given her to rebuke the spirits that harass her. She already knows, she just needed my confirmation. There is no fear in Christ, perfect love casts out fear.

We pray together and as she goes off to bed I am struck by the peace that she received. I envy her the answers that she got from me. I wish my answers were so easy to find. I long for the peace that she found when the truth came to her. I know that He has that truth waiting for me too.

Some day I will find that peace too, it will fall gently around me like a mist, and I will finally have rest. Right now I'm still searching for the answers. I have faith that they will come. I hope for them.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

It feels like a battleground today you know...or more like there is a battle coming.....

Michelle said...

It's wonderful you were able to help her find that peace. A true blessing.

Peace can be so elusive. Praying for you. Love you.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

remember - hope floats! keep your eyes fixed on Him.