Dennis and I went to see the movie Chronicles of Narnia last week and there is a point in the movie where the children reach the camp of the army of Aslan. As I watched them walk into the camp I could feel tears coming to my eyes and wondered if anyone was affected by it like I was. I recognized it, the feeling of a warrior walking into a camp where they have been expected. Where there are others waiting to fight the same battle that they are facing. Reinforcements. Hope.
It affected me because many times I feel that I fight my battles alone. Yes, God calls me to them and He is there with me, but I often feel alone. He calls me to be obedient, and I am, but in the midst of the fight I am so focused on what is in front of me that I loose sight of what is around me. It is always encouraging to find that there are others who are fighting too.
I have been feeling alone for a while now, and I was giving up. Indeed on friday I declared to a friend that I was 'done'. I had been experiencing dizzy spells and nausea, as well. I know now it was because I was quitting and my faith was very low. Where was God, He wasn't where I expected Him to be. I was open to satans arrows, and he was taking me out. Standing outside of Gods' will for me. As soon as I said out loud that I was 'done' the dizzyness subsided, because satan knew he was winning. (I know this must sound crazy to anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about but there are those of you who will understand it perfectly.)
The next morning I had an email response to a post from way back in July that I had done of Psalm 130.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. 3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sin, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the
morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the
LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. 8 He
himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.
I followed back the link to this post by Mike Exum. Now, this man does not know me, has never visited my site before now, that I know of. But here he was being used by God to remind me that my purpose in Him is to be a watchman. When I made the original post of this Psalm I was full of hope, but now my hope was gone. I was sure that mine was a meatless sandwich, (read his post and that will make sense), vegetarian...so to speak. Hey God, you forgot the meat on this sandwich, where's my hope gone. A sort of spiritual cry of 'Where's the beef?'
I believe that is how He works sometimes. The circumstances of Mikes' timing; his response to an old post coming now. He can't know how his simple response encouraged me.
I don't know what this next year will bring, but this one thing I do know. He has called me and I will be faithful, regardless of the outcome. That belongs to Him. I will call out to Him in the darkness of the night as I wait and I watch for the morning to come, and I will try not to be afraid.
I heard your song coming over the hill
I know it seemed that the world stood still
You were singing a melody that cought me by surprise
Yeah, it sounded familiar to me, like I'd known it all my life.
I kept looking down as I'm moving closer
My heart is racing now with fear and wonder
Could I come back to you after so long on my own?
From where I am, I know this is not my home.
chorus
You're the one, I believe
A king and friend, who's always been holding onto me
You're the one, and I can see
Your life and death, your endless breath
breathing into me.
Just the mention of your name
and I know, I know I've found love
'Cause you're the one.
High in a hidden world is where you are found
where every living thing circles around
I found myself again where I used to be
With the rescued ones falling on my knees.
chorus
In your presence there is mercy
in the fear, joy in the tears
It's your goodness that keeps on, keeps on
Calling us here, drawing us near.
chorus
Chris Tomlin - You're the One from The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack.
4 comments:
I keep messing up....
What I wanted to say is that it is really amazing how God works isn't it??
i am there battling with you, as are others who are being called by God to join in. we have heard the battle cry and He will prevail.
To be faithful really is the only thing. You're so right!
Post a Comment