There are some symbols that have deep meaning in my life. Simple things; a fork, a dime, a rock, a tin ring, a styrofoam cup filled with dirt and some seeds, just to name a few. Things with a message that made it's way into my heart, the symbols serve as a reminder. It is very difficult today to look at those reminders. Attached to them today is the pain of knowlege. I'll hang on to them for a while longer, so as to not 'throw out the baby with the bathwater'.
Lately I have been finding eagle feathers. It is kind of funny because I will notice them and wait to see if any one else does. If the feather has any significance to them they will pick it up. They don't, so I do. I am not sure of the symbolism of them. They just beg to be picked up. Maybe some come from crows, I don't know. Big crows!
So now I have these feathers, more than a few. It is getting to be a bit of a joke. I don't get the eagle, I just get the leftovers, discarded feathers. Molting or battle, I don't know how they got there. Maybe if I knew I would get the message. What is He saying to me, in my broken, wounded state? Here have a feather..., you're molting..., you have had a great battle..., here's a feather to remind you. Oh need another?...., and another?...
Okay God, but you must know...I'm not getting it.
Do you?
6 comments:
i think, and this is PURE opinion - that God is throwing eagle feathers your way to remind you that in spite of whatever you feel you have lost in those other symbols - you are still able to 'mount up on wings like eagles'.
how does that fit?
Perhaps God is leaving his recognition of your pain.
It's tough to buy into hope until you believe you've been understood...(I like Lori's Biblical reference )
It is funny. Cause I never saw the ones you found when we were walking. You always saw me. Maybe it could also be that even though you are wounded in battles that are thrown at you it is ok cause you will continue to fly. Just like Lori said. Mount up on wings like eagles.
No matter how wounded you feel to these loses God is reminding you that He is there to lift you under His wings. Does that make any sense????
Sushi-
A native friend once told me that not everyone gets eagle feathers... they are precious and given to those who have been heroic or courageous in battle.
Stay courageous.
be honored and encouraged because in all seriousness native tradition says that when you have done something very heroic either privately, publicly or spiritually you are to be honored by given an eagle feather... that is a plains' traditon... sometimes the eagle feathers make up a fan or they make up a head dress... but they are signs that the Creator has allowed struggle and you have come out of it strong and valiant. a warrior.
wow. what a cool native meaning. wow.
Post a Comment