Discouraged today.
God has shown me a vision of what community can be. It was a vision of healing, of hearts lifted and hands raised. As many voices sang out a song rich with worship, God said to me, 'Look around you.' There were many there that I did not know and many that I did. For some I knew that a deep healing had taken place to bring them to be there at this time. To worship in that community together once again. I glorified Him from my knees. Humbled, I joined in the worship.
So you wonder why I am discouraged.
The visions that He gives me are not often for the community but for me. To move me to the place where He wants me to be. To pray how He wants me to pray. Often it is for me to speak what He wants me to speak. They put me in an uncomfortable place. They stretch me, as they require my obedience. They are often a barometer of His emotion, as His heart breaks for what He sees in us.
In this vision I saw what He desires. Our hearts broken and turned to Him.
To be broken, to bend to His will, to surrender to His plan. His way is often the harder way to take. It is not always readily apparent and is often contrary to our understanding. The choice is still ours though. I cannot say for others how they will get to this place. That is between them and God. It is out of my ability to make them understand. But now I have seen what they throw away, and my heart is broken. I can only pray the Holy Spirit will inspire our hearts to come and worship like never before.
2 comments:
Uncomfortable places are hard to go to but it is in those that GOd is waiting patiently and lovingly for us to enter and trust Him.
I always feared being broken. Still do. It bloody hurts!! I thought I had been broken then that was it. Then a dear friend told me that He will actually break me again and again which ends up leading me closer to Him. As much as I long to be closer to HIm and bend to HIs will and surrender to His plan it scares the crap out of me. It hurts to be broken and on my knees often with tears in my eyes. But we must remember that those are some of the times that God is carying us, that He sends people to us when we need them.
It is very sad to see that people throw this great love away.
my heart hears where your heart is coming from ....
Post a Comment