October 01, 2004

It's all about Jesus

Had an awesome shift at work today. I work in a recovery home for women run by a christian organization. It really is a great place to work as you see the women grow in their faith and freedom. Many come straight form the streets and the waste of the addictions they have can be seen in their whole countenance, but then a miracle takes place. In the three months that they stay with us their beauty comes forth. I say it like that because it is a holy tranformation. The Holy spirit grabs a hold a them, they begin to see themselves as God sees them. It is wonderful to watch.
Tonight one of the girls came down and asked if I would take communion with her. What a priviledge, of course I would. (It was the second time today I got to take communion, we had in our bible study group too.) We sat in the office and used crackers and juice, prayed and worshiped the Lord for the work He is doing. She said something that struck me as very insightful. That it's all about Jesus. Life and love and everything that happens during our days. Our lives are a worship experience with Him. Wow!
As tears of sorrow and joy ran down her face I just assurred her again how God uses us all, broken, full of pain and sorrow, but beautiful to Him. His creation of the world was not complete and perfect until she was added to it. She was created for His delight. I was created for His delight. Thank you Jesus, it's all about you.

3 comments:

lori said...

Goosebumps!

Susan Kirchmayer said...

don't you just love your job??!!??

Scott said...

"As tears of sorrow and joy ran down her face I just assurred her again how God uses us all, broken, full of pain and sorrow, but beautiful to Him. His creation of the world was not complete and perfect until she was added to it. She was created for His delight."

it's amazing to think that god thinks that way about me, about you... too.