I'm going to Thailand in August on a missions trip. Our church sponsors an orphanage there of 33 children and we are going to do some projects with them there.
All very exciting, (my middle son Josh is going too.)
I haven't said much about it here or on any of my other online pages. I will be more diligent when the time comes in giving you updates on my adventures there but right about now I am quietly freaking out.
I have 6 days to raise $700 in support. (The next portion that is due for my airline ticket.)
Or maybe I should say God has 6 days to help me get my support.
It almost sounds sacrilegious to say, and I'm actually ducking my head to avoid lightning bolts. I wonder is He going to come through for me?
In the past with Missions trips there has been a certain degree of faith required to raise the necessary funds. In the end my faith in my husband's ability to provide was rewarded with success. I actually have no recollection of how much I was able to raise of my funds and how much he put toward getting me there. This year I'm trying not to rely on him so much. I work for a Christian organization that relies almost completely on donations. My income is set and there is no opportunity to bring in more by working more hours. He has the opportunity for overtime weekly, almost daily, but it is unfair to expect him to make up the difference. Although he often does, for any special projects that we may be working on. God has truly blessed me richly in Dennis.
I've approached friends and family for prayer and support and got very little response. Trying not to think about that too much or give it more weight than it actually contains. sigh (that's a whole other issue.)
Please pray for me. First that I won't be enormously stressed out for the next week. ( I am working for the next week on our major fund raiser, a Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday night, that Josh and I will be cooking for.) Second, that there will be no stress that night but that we will as a team be able to enjoy each others strengths and weaknesses and have a great time of bonding and working together to raise money for the orphans. And finally third, that God will find a way to provide me with what I need to get that plane ticket paid for.
From now on all posts about Thailand will be upbeat and full of excitement and good news.
Love to you all who have stuck with me here at My Father's House.
1 comment:
My thoughts and prayers have been, and will be, with you Sue.
I am so thankful for those with a heart for Missions. A heart to help. I am thankful for you.
Post a Comment