January 10, 2008

The year of living Biblically.



I came across this story today about AJ Jacobs who spent a year living as the Bible instructed. You'll notice as you go along that all of it was according to the Old Testament, the old covenant. As Christians we live life according to the new covenant, through Christ.

I wonder what the video of our lives would look like, as we live our lives biblically. No longer bound to the laws of Israel would anyone watching us see us as an oddity, like they did AJ? Would we stand out in a crowd? Would those around me be able to see my relationship with Christ displayed in the way I dress or in my actions?

Looking at this video you might think of him as a nutbar, but he proves a point to me. I don't want to walk around in a robe, play a strange instrument in public places or build tents in my living room, but I do want to model Christ.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

hmmm....that seems interesting. I am sure he must of had a bunch of obstacles and stuff too. wow

lori said...

I got the book for Christmas. It's an enteraining, thought provoking read. If you want to read it, let me know.