June 10, 2007

Storypeople

her only super powers are that she can walk in heels without wobbling & if you don't think that's amazing, you've never tried it.

There is a place I like to go on the web only because I often have trouble with words and it amazes me when someone is able to express in just a few short words what I have struggled in my mind to write or say. There are some who are gifted that way. I don't believe that I am one of them. Occasionally the Spirit moves me to express something but then those are His thoughts and not really mine. Although I am passionate about them.

There is an ocean sized me behind my eyes but I don't make demands on people and I don't jump up and down in front of them, saying 'notice me, notice me!' If you want to get to know me you are going to have to work at it a bit. I humbly believe that it's worth the effort because I'm a very good friend to have. I'm loyal and willing to stand and speak up when necessary. Even if it is against what is popular, if it is wrong, I will speak up. (I will work to get to know you too, if you indicate a desire for it.)

I am a leader. I suppose that seems like an oxymoron. That I would be in a leadership role and not be an extrovert. Regardless of how it appears to you it is biblical.

There have been people in my life who have left for no good reason. It made me feel insignificant. It was their stuff but it hurt me, broke something inside. I've come to realize that it will be a theme throughout my life. Those of you who read this blog regularly will recognize that too. I have decided to take the risk anyway and to keep the door to my heart open. I have healthy boundaries though, and won't be taken advantage of. I'm not stupid and I'm not naive. I catch on quick when I feel that you are blowing me off. Your actions have to match up with your words.

Life itself proves to be enough for me most times. There are enough challenges in relating to people, making decisions and just breathing to fill my day. My value does not come from extra-ordinary circumstances but my reaction to the ordinary situations of any given day. I have no super powers that I can boast of. I am just an ordinary woman, in love with an extra-ordinary God. It's his presence that echoes anything remarkable in me. I've never had any illusions of grandeur, in fact I can remember praying at one time to just have an ordinary life because there were things happening in my own that were too alarming and 'out there' for my own comfort. I like the wall, I'm very comfortable standing here at the wall.

He's been calling me to come out and away from the place that I've been comfortable. Moving me to stretch in my faith, to reach for some things that I had always found impossible. Not for others impossible, but for me impossible. True to my old nature I have responded with the initial 'You want me to do WHAT!' because true to His nature what He asks seems to be the antithesis to what the world would expect.

I don't know what He has planned. In my idealism I have a few dreams that I hope He would fix His eye on at some time. That he would create something new from the ashes of something old. I believe that He can do that, and that he wants to do that in us and for us. For me, for my friends, for the church.

His strength is shown in what he can do with the ordinary.


He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me. - 2 Samuel 22:20

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this line.

"My value does not come from extra-ordinary circumstances but my reaction to the ordinary situations of any given day."

So many things I could say, was going to say but think now don't need saying. I just read this 3 times in a row and I'm sure will be back to read it again. I love it when you write from deep inside, your beauty shines through.

Miss-buggy said...

it really is worth the effort to get to know you. YOu are a faithful and trustworthy friend. You are very loyal and you stick to what you know is right.
I like what michelle quoted and like how you worded that. I also like when you say, "I am just an ordinary woman, in love with an extra-ordinary God."
if only you knew how extra-ordinary YOU are too.
it is really hard to have that faith stretched but the way I see your faith in God I believe He will hold you up strong
(((HUGS)))
Love you Sue