I posted this a few days ago before going to work at night, then took it down early in morning when I got home. Sometimes it's difficult, here on these blogs, to open up. I guess facing fears is an ongoing challenge for all of us. Here it is back again.
I have a friend that I've not connected with in over a year. There were some changes in his life that were too hard for me to adapt to. I missed him though and one day a friend said to me that I should let him know. I did and it has opened a door for reconciliation.
I have to admit that it is not something that I am familiar with, 'reconciliation'. Not because I haven't desired it but because it takes two people to reconcile, it can't be done on ones own. It's a recurring theme of my life, this loss of a good friend. They move away or change their life in such a way that there's not room in it for a continued relationship. It hurts. I've been trying to figure out why it keeps happening to me. I haven't come up with that answer but I have decided that I'm not going to withdraw myself from friendships out of fear of the loss of them. It's like God is saying to me, 'Are you going to trust me to get you through this? Even if it happens more than once? More than twice, but over and over? Will you still reach out and love simply because I want you to?'
Quite honestly it does scare me,the thought of trying to fix this thing that was broken. God has to rework my heart to manage it, I'm not able to on my own. I believe that anything worthwhile is worth working for and I feel it could make for a better friendship in the end. If we can do the work to get there. I don't know. Somewhere I read that forgiveness, or the ability to forgive is a gift of God. I feel that way about reconciliation too.
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27
I found this video the other day. It's about a man who inspects high voltage lines. Watch it to the very end.
3 comments:
I am glad you reposted it. Hard sometimes.
I liked the video. Looks like he accomplished his fears....
hugs
Reconcilliation is always a work of God. You're so right that we cannot accomplish that on our own.
I'm sorry to hear about the pattern of pain you've experienced in this area. Perhaps there has been a gift in each relationship that made it worth it?
Erin, there was a beauty in each of those friendships, that's why I was so sad to loose them.
Post a Comment