November 24, 2006

yesterday

had an awful day

Lost all the pictures and video that I had downloaded from the camera into Picasa. I thought that by putting it into an album within the program that I could then delete the folder. Apparently not. Went all through the different avenues to retrieve them that I could think of, but couldn't find them any more. Just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach all over again. stupid picasa.

Went to work at 3pm to the news that one of our past residents Lynn had passed away in Ireland where she had moved. We don't know the particulars of that yet. We are waiting to hear more news from her husband, Mo. She was a bubbly little thing, too intelligent for her own good. It took her a while to accept that even if there was a God that He would want anything to do with her seemingly insignificant life. She was baptized in a hot tub before she graduated. Please pray for her family.

One of the girls at the house is finally mourning the death of her mother. In the absence of the anesthetic of the drug her feelings have come to the surface. I told her that she was honoring the memory of her mother by allowing her feelings to come through. She has a fear that her grief will overwhelm her but for the first time in her life she is letting God be her comfort.

Another one of our residents went AWOL after dinner. She hadn't returned by the time I left at 11 pm. It's something that happens occasionally, generally it means that they have relapsed. It's upsetting to the women as they realize how fragile recovery is. We prayed together for J before I left for home. Please pray for J.

The cat that the girls had adopted has gone missing. As we prayed we asked for God to watch out for that "darn cat" too.

So, needless to say, I am thanking God for a new day, a fresh beginning, because sometimes life just gets overwhelming and you need to sit down and put things in perspective. God is in control.

How was your day?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue. ~hugs~ I love you.

Michelle said...

Yup, definitely a bad day. So glad they can't all be like that. Thinking of you.

((((Hugs))))

Labelle Photo said...

Try this Sue:
http://officerecovery.com/freeundelete/download.htm

Should be able to undelete you files.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

yuck!! feel for you...

MUD said...

Yeah. This calls for prayer. Even twist ties can't help @ this time.

Miss-buggy said...

Man What a day!! Sorry it was so rough. HUGS
SEnding you lots of love and hugs

shari said...

Did J come back???

Sue said...

Yes Shari, J came back. She is safe and is starting over. Thank you everyone for your prayers for her.