...being created from the love of God and continually being loved by God are not enough for us. We want and also absolutely depend on the explicit confirmation by others of the life given us by God. We need God's love for us to be met, confirmed, and extended by the love and affirmation of others. That is why when people feel unloved by others, it is little consolation to tell them that they are loved by God.'
Paul Waddel
October 20, 2006
growing up
My baby is working out his faith in a far away place. I know that the distance is good for him, to grow and mature in his own faith, but it sure is hard not being there to show him the way.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Yeah, that is so difficult to see your child working out his faith, making it his own. With my son, I want to "help" him in that process. But I have to trust him and trust God. After all, I'm still working out my own faith. I think these days I have as many questions as my son.
In visting your son's blog, I appreciated the candor and his willingness to engage in authentic self-examination. From my limited persepctive, it sounds like he's doing all the right things.
1 comment:
Yeah, that is so difficult to see your child working out his faith, making it his own. With my son, I want to "help" him in that process. But I have to trust him and trust God. After all, I'm still working out my own faith. I think these days I have as many questions as my son.
In visting your son's blog, I appreciated the candor and his willingness to engage in authentic self-examination. From my limited persepctive, it sounds like he's doing all the right things.
Post a Comment