June 11, 2006

First email from Josh

HI MOM!!!
So we got internet now, I'm on Erins laptop ( I'm thinking of buying my own, it's really cheap down here) anyways, whats the website for the home page of the blog site you use? I'm thinking of starting a culinary journal, so I can review all the stuff I've learned over each day and stuff. (and also go ever other things I've learned or experienced) Anyways, everything is going really well here. All our bosses love us cuz we work hard (all the other people here are kinda lazy) so we're all doing really well. We're in a 5 bedroom house, and once we start splitting the rent between 6 people it's gonna be less than 300$ a month.
I miss you tons, I miss dad and Joel (although not so much Joel :P) too. Tell Jamie I got a movie that he's been looking for for a long time too, I'm gonna mail it back when I mail back the cell phone. I'm having lots of fun here, we're popular (or infamous, whatever you wanna call it) because we're canadian. Chef Mike (wilks) is an awesome chef too, he's funny and just about the nicest guy you could ever meet. He let us borrow his ford bronco and drive it around !!!! and his exact words were "go ahead and ram #@!# I don't care"...... Awesome. Did I mention I miss you guys tons. We're all getting along so far as well ( us in the house) and by friday I'll probably get a 700$ paycheque (which is alot down here) also we're getting furniture on wednesday, (leather couche and lazyboys plus other stuff for 350$!!!) Despite the stereotypes everyone is incredibly friendly (our favorite person so far is Brenda the banker, we went in to deposit our paycheques and ended up talking for an hour!) She's tons of fun and already has us all pegged down personality wise. Did I mention I miss you guys?
But I gotta jet, I'll stay in touch, bye mom, bye dad, love you both :)
(ugh) bye joel............jerk.........:P


Joshua

4 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

awwwwwwww........I think he misses you!

Anonymous said...

Is the movie Equilibrium? Because James and I already have it. We found it in the states a year ago.

Jim said...

What a great letter to receive from one who has just "vacated the nest". Obviously, home is still in his heart. I don't remember being as "connected" when the Navy took me cross-country to California. I do remember looking out the window of that old prop plane at my mother and brother standing there in the terminal. That first step is a big one, but love knows no distance. Enjoyed your sharing, ma'am. Peace....

Shannon George said...

thats soo sweet... tell him , we hope he is doing well... and whats his email anyways...thanks shannon