I have said this before on my blog but it seems a good time to repeat it. 'It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to.'
This blog of mine is a tool. I use it for many things. Mostly it is an indicator of where I am in my journey. It is personal, it bears my own opinions. It carries my thoughts. In sharing it with anyone I choose to make myself vulnerable. (I believe that the ability to remain vulnerable in the midst of pain is biblical and pleasing to God.) In reading it I don't ask anyone to agree or disagree with what I say. I do expect that my readers will allow me the grace to process my thoughts without condemnation. That they will allow my joy or sorrow and my process to be imperfect. To see that I recognize my own humanity. I am aware of my own sinfulness and acknowlege my weakness. I rely on Christ for my salvation. I have no worthiness outside of His grace. Sometimes you will find me well on the journey and sometimes you will find me faltering. Only God can really know the condition of my soul.
Those who know me well know my struggles. I hope they also see I am forever reaching out to God for more intimacy with Him that I can better reflect Him in this life that I live. I trust in their ability and relationship with God to form their own opinions and beliefs, outside of my own. Even in my struggles with others I don't ask that anyone change their thoughts based on what my personal journey is. Each person is walking their own path, at times we may walk alongside each other. Sometimes we are alone. It is what it is.
Those who don't know me, who just stop by, should be intelligent enough to recognize this too. It is a kind of unspoken code with blogging. But maybe it should be said; This is a personal journal that you are at liberty to accept or reject. If you don't like what you find here you can simply move on.
4 comments:
I'm not sure why, but I am being urged to tell you this:
I have always looked up to you and loved you. Even though, through the years, we have been distanced, I think of you often. The few times we had bumped into each other, as brief as it was, left me with a smile and many warm memories of you. =)
Thank you for being the beautiful woman of God that you are.
Shari, thank you for sharing that. It is good to know that I have left a positive impact with you. You should know too that the feeling is mutual.
Thank you for this beautiful post. You worded it so elegantly. You are a wonderful woman and I am priviledged to know you. Now when are we going to sing together??!!! Love you lots. Would love to do coffee sometime. :)
Can I steal this.....you wrote it so well.....you touch people believe me you and your journey touch people...keep being honest and vulnerable.....thanks b
Post a Comment