Fall on me
Ever so gently
Washing, washing my fithy stains.
Shower me In your love
Breathe on, breathe on these dry bones.
these dry bones
And break these chains
Break these chains
Set me free
Set me free
Set me free Lord
Set me free
Fall on me
Ever so gently
Washing, washing my fithy stains.
Shower me In your love
Breathe on, breathe on these dry bones.
these dry bones
these dry bones
these dry bones
And break these chains
And break these chains
Fall on me Wash me clean
Shower me Breathe on me
Break these chains
And break these chains
And break these chains
Set me free
Set me free
Set me free Lord
Set me free
He did that so that He could fall on me with His spirit. So that all those things that were troubling me, the sorrow and loss of the last year, could become insignificant to the wonder of His miraculous birth. It wasn't that He took it all away but that I could see He was in control. His way of doing things is not my way. They seem as impossible as that birth. But His ways are perfect, not just acceptable or easier, or even harder, but they are perfect. When I let go of my way, my rebellion and my desires, and let Him have his way, I am set free.
So I light the third candle of advent with wonder and awe.
1 comment:
Beautiful Sue.
Isn't it amazing how in those moments, in that instance, all is lost and He comes to us ever so gently. Ever so lovingly.
I think I felt it too. The power and the majesty in that song. Wanting to drop to my knees in absolute truth. Amazing how precious He works in our lives and holds us through all the times of the past and the future. Truly blessed. Truly in wonder and awe.
Beautiful. Awesome. Glad your heart was open to receive Him in His glory.
Post a Comment