My dh has spent so much time lately working on our vehicles. Mine is torn apart to find a water leak. Until he finds it I have a drivers seat,an emerg brake and the gear shift. Nothing else...no carpet, no passenger seat, no back seat, not even a cup holder. AARRGGHHH! It's a bit like driving a tin can. Wait! It is like driving a tin can. So today when he phoned me to come get him and Josh from the side of the highway where his car had broken down, I responded with, "no...I can't do that....think about it.' I let him ponder on that for a moment, and then volunteered to come in Josh's car. The $300 Daytona, the best working car currently sitting in our driveway.
Is it wrong to pray for a new car?
4 comments:
I don't know if it is "wrong" or not but I have no doubts that God had His hand in my new car.
Glad the Daytona pulled through!
we prayed for a new roof for my house and look what happened?? terry prayed to catch two fish last week and he caught three!!!! 'you have not because you ask not' - wasn't that the verse given to us in CR? go for it and see what happens.....
giggle...
i'm not sure if god cares about my car as much as i would like him to. it might be that whole 'in love with consumerism' thing that he seems to have a problem with.
i do know, however, that if i pray for a vehicle i'm going for a hummer.
God wants us to come to him with the desires of our hearts. He promises us he hears and answers every prayer.
It is not wrong to want a safe and dependable way to get your family around.
Post a Comment