November 27, 2005

Advent

 Posted by Picasa


Today is the first sunday in advent and we light the candle of faith.
I must admit that there are so many negative experiences leading up to the season of christmas for me that I have a hard time conciously making a decision to look in faith for my saviour. It is as if with the darkness of winter there came a darkness of experience over my life, consistently for years, parallel to the season.
This year I would like to move in faith toward Him as I wait for His hand to move. Certainly the miracle of God becoming man is bigger than any miracle I require in my life. Faith says that if He can do that, then He can move the mountains that seem unmovable here for me.
Faith says that through all those experiences of suffering, God stood by me and did not leave me without. In fact He was able to make something beautiful out of circumstances that seemed unredeemable at the time. He was able to comfort me and provide for me and those I love.
This last year has not been one of my best. A friend asked the other day whether there had been any joy in it. I could honestly answer yes, there was great joy in amidst the lessons He was teaching me. I am grateful for the hard times that bring me closer to Him, make me reliant on Him.
In faith I give the burdens to Him, so that when His hand moves again, as I know it will, there will be no doubt that it was the Hand of God. Knowing that the task that He set before me for the last year has been completed and that I can rest now, He will continue.
I light the candle in anticipation of the return of my King.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a beautiful reminder... lighting a candle in anticipation of the return of our King. Makes it feel like 5 am and less like midnight, if that makes any sense.