October 11, 2005

Fall

Fall gave up an incredible offering of such beauty today as I walked with a friend. I love this time of year when the air is crisp but the sun still hugs you with its arm along your back. The leaves are falling from the trees to create a rythm of sound to my steps but not before they have given one last cresendo of color. Breathtaking. Happy for a friend to share it with I say a prayer for others to see His kiss of joy in the sunlight. To know that the display is His glory given for our enjoyment. All of creation calls us to worship, in as many dazzling colors as there are sounds of praise.

3 comments:

so i go said...

i'm lovin' this time of year right along with you. 'breathtaking' is a perfect word.

Miss-buggy said...

I just love the way you discribed this weather. I couldn't have done it better. It is so beautiful. And the sound the leaves make when you step over them? So cool.
Beautiful.

shari said...

I love it, too.