August 05, 2005

TGIF

Don't have to be back at work until sunday graveyard shift. It's been a rough couple of days there. Wednesday one of the girls decided to use and then tried to sneek back in. Immediate dismissal, and I was the one that got to do it. There are never any incidators that are clear before this happens, only in hindsight can you see that there were some signs leading up to it. That is the way it is in the work that I do, with women in recovery. One day they are doing well and are determined to be successful and the next day they are gone. Very fragile and unpredictable.
Then last night I had to break it to her dad, that she was no longer at the house and had decided to use again. He says to me while sobbing, 'She phoned me twice in the last day and I couldn't get back to her. I wonder now if I had, would she still be there. I have been praying and praying for God to deliver her. I guess all those prayers were for nothing. I don't dare call and tell her mother, she will be devastated'

I breaks my heart.

3 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

so sad. So sad.
It would break my heart too.

Michelle said...

Oh Sue, it does sound like you need a bit of a break. That's so heart wrenching. We all have such high hopes for our kids. I hope you get the time to relax you need. Love you!!

Nikki said...

Yuk.... but insightful to hear from the 'other' side. We do'nt have a clue how many people we hurt, how many lives we affect. It's all about us, our needs, our wants (addicts who are using, I mean). Ouch.