July 13, 2005

Romanced

So at bible study the other night (we are reading 'Captivating' and are on the chapter called Romanced) Susan suggested that we watch for ways that God is romancing us. Apparently He is pusueing us, trying to woo us with special moments that speak to us of His love for us.
I thought alright, I'll try that, see what ways He may be trying to get my attention. On the way home we witnessed a police chase, didn't think much of it. A little excitement, no big deal.
Then today I went to the river with Misty to throw some rocks, get rid of a little aggression. Went there the other day and Misty saw a snake so I was a little aprehensive that I might see one too. I hate snakes. Went to pick up a rock and nearly grabbed an ugly salamander. So I'm freaking out a little bit, but not completely out of control...yet. Misty gets rid of the reptile while I move to a different location. She encourages me to sit down for a bit. I'm checking things out pretty closely by now. Not wanting to surprise any more creatures, when she all the sudden whacks me hard on the back. I let out a bit of a scream because she nearly upends me into the river, and I can't imagine what size animal is on me for her to hit me so hard! I'm laughing at myself and her, but still a little freaked out. (She said it was a mosquito.) Then she says, look at the birds playing above the water, God is romancing us.
Yah, whatever, it figures He would romance me like that. Apparently God thinks I need a little bit of an adventure, and that's how He is getting my attention. Whatever happened to bouquets, beautiful music, a gentle touch? And where are my diamonds?
I'll let you know if anymore wild life happens to me!

No comments: