July 28, 2005

Growing Up

I stood at the window and watched as another son drove off for the first time in his own vehicle. Makes me more nervous than when they drive my car. The responsibility of driving someone elses has been taken away.
Said a quick prayer for His continued safety knowing that it was another step toward that day when he would pull out of the driveway to another home. One that was no longer the same as mine. It is what we work toward in raising them, their independence. The years go by so fast and the milestones come quickly and are gone before we have taken note of them.
I am very proud of him though, that he has grown into such a responsible and caring individual.
Congratulations Joshua.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

Congratulations Josh on your first car. hehehe
Sue, way to be strong. What a sad, happy moment that must have been. You have good boys you know. YOu have done an awesome job.

shari said...

I'm not looking forward to that!