July 04, 2005

Camping

I haven't been blogging for a while. Not because I have nothing to say but because there is too much. Still processing thoughts and unable to reach a conclusion about any of it yet.
Beyond that we had a terrific time camping with Misty and Phils parents and the Mclatchys. Joel was a good sport and hung out with his parents and their friends all weekend. We were down at Chilliwack lake, brrr,, cold. Went on the tube anyway. Lots of fun. Guess Joel was surprised that his old mother would do such a thing. Phil was doing his best to try and spill me, although he won't admit it. Michelle says that he was trying to be nice to me. I don't believe it but there was no way I was going all the way in to that water. It was darn cold! Tons of fun!
Went for a walk in the moonlight with Joel and Misty through the forest. If you shine your flashlight into the trees you can just imagine all the animals looking back at you. Freaked Joel out...saw a moth!...then ran!
Found a wonderful rock for the garden, they were kind enough to carry it back to camp for me. giggle...crazy woman.
We slept in the tents, which we haven't done in some time. If I put a hot water bottle in my bed I could stay warm enough. That was always my beef with camping before, not enough meat on these bones to ever get warm at night. Dennis is such a blanket hog. (said with the greatest affection, of course)
They don't call this beautiful B.C. for nothing. I will post some pictures of it soon. Boating down to the end of the lake and spotting waterfalls on the mountains beside the lake. He has made a glorious creation. I love being on the water.

1 comment:

Miss-buggy said...

It was so much fun!! You should have seen the grin ear to ear that Sue had on her face when she was in the tube.
I lost count of how many times I just stopped and thanked God. He is so amazing.