As I sit at my desk to write I am stilled by the thoughts of the journey. So much lost along the way, yet so much has been gained, it is a sense of joy/sadness/resignation that is all an oxymoron within itself.
Love comes, in crumbs of moments,
Shadows cast. Not seen but sensed,
He draws near, but like a doe I shy away.
Fearful of the One whose touch I crave.
Words spoken but never truly meant,
haunt the trust now broken.
Back into hiding but ever listening
For the sound of His voice.
The longing continues
For a Love, not of this world.
I see, I understand, but fear disables any attempt to resolve.
6 comments:
in peace its God's business to "resolve"... also God has NOT given to us a spirit of fear but of HIS love, HIS power and self-discipline... for you and yours please be encouraged...
It's the human side of me that fears. Thanks for the encouragement.
It's a good thing that even though we may fear He still is there reaching back to us. He knows your heart and knows that you long for Him and He will never leave you alone.
I think the attempts to resolve have already been taken, you can see it by what you write.
Fear is a stronghold of the mind. Something that needs to be gotten rid of. If only it was that easy.
Little by little
Misty, you are becoming so wise. What a treasure you are!
Fear is such a self imposed prison we have all had a turn or two in.
Thanks to God that He sees through it all, to our hearts.
"in crumbs of moments"...
That is just so amazingly evocative for me. Thank you!!
Post a Comment