June 24, 2005

Good byes

Tonight we had a goodbye party for Hugh and Darlene McKay, who are moving to Coldstream in the Okanagan Valley. Soon it will be another goodbye for Connie and Wes Gibson as they are moving to Powell River. Have I shared with all of you how much I hate goodbyes! No, not at all. It's been one of my major themes throughout my blogs. As much as I love new places, faces and adventures. I hate it when someone is leaving me. That is what they are doing too, you know. Because as Scott says, 'It's all about me. (Sue)'
Seriously though, I do hate seeing people I love move away, as much as I am excited for them and the adventure that they are going on. Moving for me was always a loss of some sort. The conatations for me have never been positive. Connie assures me that she knows how to change that. She is one person who I believe will be successful in keeping in touch. Susan and I are already planning on going to see the new place. I love ferry rides and there are a couple to get to Powell River. What fun!
God has been so good to me as I have been on this journey of faith. This adventure of mine. He has been bringing me to new places within my heart. Places from long ago, places within me that have been long forgotten. I feel I have been reunited with that little girl I used to be. (There will come a time that I will introduce you to her but for now I am enjoying just meeting with her again. She's been hiding for a while. She is a little timid still.)
I have known for some time that His presence has been a constant in my life. I can look back and see the shadow of His hand over the situations of the past. His protection. I know that He gives and He takes away. I am trusting that those things that have been removed were done so with His full knowlege of what is best for me. (It's all about me. :) I am trusting for my friends too, that He is fullfilling His purposes for them. That the life we live now is just a taste of the community we will experience in heaven.

6 comments:

lori said...

just thought i'd mention it cause you're talking about the 'little girl'... last night when you were sitting on the stool next to rob, talking about old school times - i saw the girl - free, bubbling, laughing - like i actually thought in my head, 'that's what sue was like as a teenager'. probably sounds a bit sappy - but i thought it was kinda cool.

Nikki said...

Yeah Sue can be a pretty free spirit... remember that nite I picked Trudi up for coffee... I've never seen you laugh so hard (I was laughing too, so hard I could hardly breathe!) HAHAHA I'm laughing just thinking about it now. Well anyway you're just awesome.

I hope you remember what I'm talking about! If not I'll remind you lata!
xoxo
nik

Mandy said...

Sue you are amazing and very special. Love you tons and tons. :)

Sue said...

oh yah, Nikki, I remember what you are talking about. Trudi sure could get us laughing. She did it again to me the night before she graduated. Laughed so hard I couldn't catch my breath.

Miss-buggy said...

I totally hate goodbyes too. I do not cope well with them at all. I think it is great fun seeing the little girl in you poking her head out. It is fun. We need some twirly skirts!!! Look at me!!!
I love it when you laugh that hard. the freeness I hear is so cool. You make me laugh too which helped me with today.
Love you lots. Both you and the little girl you are rediscovering. We all need to rediscover them....
Love you!!

shari said...

Always sad when a friend moves away. And there is always the worry that you will lose touch with them.

As for the girl inside, I am reminded of a certain ladies retreat, where we stayed up very late talking (were we playing some variation of truth or dare???) and a lot of laughing. I remember you sharing some stories of your child hood. I remember us all laughing until we were almost crying. I remember the non-partiers yelling that they were trying to sleep! hehe