ten things I love? no particular order
1. God; my savior, my father, my king. I can't think of any time in my life that He has not made His presence known to me. He has saved me from myself more often than I know.
2. Dennis. yes he makes me crazy sometimes. You live with that sense of humor! He is the kindest person I know, giving away much of himself to others, because of his deep love for Jesus. A very wise man, he still surprises me.
3. My children, james, joshua and joel and now nicole too. My family is expanding. I finally have a girl. When I had the second child I was afraid that I would not be able to love him as much as the first. I was unaware that the love just grows bigger. We were not complete until we had Joel though. Something was missing.
4. Adventure. Give me change, something new to enjoy and challenge me. A new place, a new friend, a new store even. I love to discover people places and things that I have never seen before. To go down a new path, to see what God has created. It is all so unique, all so wonderful.
5. Water. I am a water baby. 'nough said.
6. Sunshine. Mix that with water and my soul comes to rest. Somehow it just makes me happy. It's like God is giving me a warm embrace. All my best memories include sunshine in some way.
7. Wind. No not that kind, although it sure gets a laugh around this house. The wind can be gentle or it can be a magnificent force. If I can feel it brush against my skin, it's refreshing. It stirs up an emotional response; wonder, relief, awe, sometimes fear.
8. Friends. Especially seeing God work in their lives. Although that can be painful at times. They touch my life in so many ways. My love for them is bigger than me, it is Christ. It surprises me and blesses me to know that I am capable of loving them because of the love He has given me. It is Christ expressed in my life.
9. My church. It is not a building. It is a community. It is what my soul calls home for now. Until we get to that community of heaven. I love to worship together, pray and laugh and cry. Although the sacrifices have been very difficult, I don't know that I would change all that has happened to us. It has brought us to a place of reliance on God. A deeper need and love for Him. We have shared that together and it has bonded us.
10. Beauty. There is healing in beauty. As a woman I long to be beautiful. To my husband, to my friends. Not just in a physical way, but in a way that is healing for them. It brings me to a deep place within me. God is always there. It draws me closer to Him, to His heart. This love for beauty motivates so much of what I do in one way or another. To be given a gift that is beautiful is to be given affirmation that I am worthy of beauty. A friend once told me I was beautiful. I was surprised at how that touched a deep wound I have. I could believe it for a while.
There it is, is there anyone left to tag? Debbie, Scott, Melody and Liz! You've been tagged. I will email you!
3 comments:
yeah!! you found four people
Sue, you are one of the most beautiful people I know. Inside and out.
agreed!
Post a Comment