May 14, 2005

Evidence of Brokeness

All of my rights have been surrendered.
I am willing to be out of control.
I am not believing in or living by feelings or old patterns, but by Christ within.
I am obedient out of a love motive beacause I want to, not because I have to.
I am not performing for God but I am actively letting Christ perform in and through me.
I am willing to fail.
I am willing to be weak.
I have a sense of total inadequacy in self-strength. 2 Cor. 3:5
I have a sense of adequacy in Christ through His strength. Phil 4:13, 2 Cor 3:6
I recognize God's power in my weakness. 2 Cor 12:9,10
I am depending on Christ to meet my basic inner needs: acceptance, meaning and purpose, identity, power over sin, strength and victory.
I am trusting God, whatever happens, and resting in Him even with external turmoil.
I am seeking Christ Himself more than His benefits.
I am forgiving of all. Eph 4:32
I am willing to be rejected.
I am transparent and willing to share failures.
I am vulnerable and willing to share failures.
There is a readiness to let others receive the credit.
There is genuine humility.
I am placing value upon those who have little or no value to myself.
There is a readiness to build up others.
I am teachable.
I am willing to be misunderstood.
I am willing to be broken again.

taken from The Grace Life Journey.

5 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

I am believing that I may be ready.....

Anonymous said...

its not a popular topic but so necessary to experience freedom in Christ. blessings on your courage to embrace your brokenness.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i'm with you!!

Anonymous said...

"Heed the words divinely spoken
May your restless heart be BROKEN
Let the supernatural take hold" DC Talk

Anonymous said...

"We'll see broken hearts making history" Delirious- History Maker