March 12, 2005

Getting Ready

Just eight more sleeps until we take off for Costa Rica.
I am excited to see Teri and the family there. The stuff we are bringing with us this year is amazing. We were able to make up hygiene bags to give out at the frontera schools. They contain shampoo, soap, washcloth and handtowel, comb, toothbrush and toothpaste as well as a small pack of tissues. We will be purchasing white t-shirts when we get there. We made up 55 of those.
We also made up 30 baby bags to give out to the new moms in Amparo. They have odds and ends for babies needs.
We have school supplies for 4 or 5 different schools, as well as a pack of stuff for the teachers at the schools.
We have sunday school supplies for two churches and we bring gifts for just about everyone we meet.
There are a few regulars that we visit while there. Sylvia and Sylvio, and of course, Marjini. Don Diego and his family. He will probably feed us that disgusting sugar cane juice. ((((shudder)))) But the cocoa bean fruit is delicious.
I am prepared to be hot for 18 days. (Scott, you can quit praying for good weather now.) For only cold showers, not by choice, that is just all they have. For bugs, spiders, not snakes though!
I am prepared to be dirty and smelly and emotionally exhausted. But most of all I am prepared to be truly blessed. God seems to meet us there every time. Like a divine appointment, but not quite. I will try to blog before then but if I don't I will try while we are there.
Love to all, wish you could come. sushi

6 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i am sooo.. excited to go this year. can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

Erin said...

I know that envy is wrong... but I am SO ENVIOUS!!!

I pray that you are amazed, surprised, humbled, & blessed beyond your wildest dreams!

Miss-buggy said...

I am so excited for you guys.
I can just picture their faces and the movement GOd will be working within all of you. I will pray for you all. I wish you a wonderful trip and a wonderful experience. May God bless you all.
Next Year....

shari said...

What an amazing adventure. Sounds like God has blessed your trip already with all the supplies you have gathered, but we will continue to pray for you all. See if you can smuggle a little of that Costa Rica heat home with you... can't wait for summer.

James Goudie said...

woo hoo. I don't know what to expect, but I am excited too

Forgiven said...

Unless an unexpected cold snap has rolled into Costa Rica since press time, it's hot. The Caribbean is hair-frizzingly humid. Guanacaste is an oven. Even in San José , where the altitude and mountain breezes usually keep life cool, pedestrians sweat their way along the crowded streets as the sun beats down, relentless.

i know it's been raining for the last 5 months and thanks scott for praying for sun but you can stop now.

i have a tan now albeit a farmer's tan.