My cat woke me up this morning, blowing whiskery kisses onto my eyelashes. Are you saying you would like me to get up? No? Just want to lick and nip at the tip of my nose?
Lying there enjoying the affection that an animal gives and telling Jesus that I want Him to direct me. He makes His presence known to me throughout the day just as gently as the cat does.
There's a song that has been running through my head lately,
There's only one who rolls back the sky and beckons the morning light,
There's only one who commands the gales and ties the trees down tight...
When around me all gives way, Jesus is all my hope and stay.
There's only one, only one. Holy one.
(Caedmons call)
In the cleft of the rock He shelters me from the vast, enormity of His presence and comes to me with a gentleness. Like a lovers touch in the morning.
When life is so big, there is so much to do. I am called to go places that I would not normally go, to do things that deep down frighten me. It demands my attention.
Jesus comes to me in quietness. I don't want to miss Him. I long for His presence with me each moment. I look for Him to come to me and turn around to see that He is already there. He has been with me all along giving me His strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment