I'm going to do something that I don't usually let myself do too much of..
whine and complain.
I am feeling overwhelmed. I feel like I could just sit on the floor and bawl like a baby. So much has been going on lately and so much of my time has been used up on things out of the ordinary that my routine is out of whack. My house is a disaster. I hate living in a messy place. My son is way behind on his school work. I need to hand in some of his work but haven't been able to get over to the homeschooling association to do it. All the spare staff at work is off sick, so they called me to work last night. I had booked it off so I could attend my brother in law's funeral. (I hate the part where you have to walk away from the graveside knowing someone you love will be left there.) I let work know that I would not be able to do the shift. So they are probably not too impressed with me. A friend is mad at me, my husband is finally being nice to me again but doesn't see what needs to be done. Or doesn't care, (don't really think it's that), but he doesn't have time either. The dog badly needs a hair cut, she's covered with matts because I haven't had time to groom her. Mom needs more of my time, although she is getting a little more use of her hand since the stroke last week.
So how do I handle it all? I sit here at the computer avoiding everything. Aarrggh!
I need a wife!!!
8 comments:
yup, avoidance works for me!! still haven't finished my paper....
Take a walk in the fresh air to think
as i stare at my own house i sadly shake my head in understanding...
i totally can relate to your whole blog... although maybe not that last comment!
Years ago I had a family stay with me for a month, between renting out their house and going out to the mission field.
Best days of my life!!!!
Each day, supper was on the table when I got home from work. Food magically appeared in the fridge. And the kitchen floor got mopped more in that month than the balance of the 4 years I lived in that house.
Yep. I was blessed with a loaner wife for a month. One of the best months of my life :)
i remember about 3 months after marianne left that i noticed a sock on the floor that had been there for some time. for some reason it had not magically disappeard and gotten washed. then i realized...
Grief...and the balance of everyday life. Some high moments where you're amazed at how well you feel. A couple days later the feeling that you're smothered. Most of us understand Sue. Lean on your friends today. Let them love you.
If you find that wife, can you share for awhile? :)
because i talk so much about you dany refers to you as my husband. and boy have i had maid (i mean wife-mom) practice for the past 4 months.
when you come here we will both sit and bawl (if we are still feeling overwhelmed) you truly could not live here in the squalor. i am amazed at the difference between the family's personal hygiene and cleanliness (they take great pride in their appearance) and the house. it is always a disaster zone. with 9 people changing clothes 2 or 3 times a day there are always mountains of laundry to do. no one cooks for anyone other than themselves, except mimi cooks for patricio, and when i am not there they will cook different foods at different times using every pot, pan and dish in the house which makes for a humungous amount of dirty dishes, literally all over the house. i can clean the kitchen completely and still wake up in the am to have every dish dirty and the kitchen a disaster again.
it's cultural that the women do everything so the 6 boys have been raised that way and it's hard to change things.
i'm in los chiles, maybe for a week, to avoid everything.
try using the scripture that says you have to work if you want to eat - it's working a little bit for me.
Post a Comment