December 19, 2004

wishes for the new year

This year is coming to an end and a new one is around the corner. We celebrate the gift of a baby born to die for the forgiveness of sin. There is no better gift. I have enjoyed the experience of getting to know each of you better through the blogs. I hope that I have been able to encourage you at times and make you laugh at others. In thinking of the coming year there are some wishes that I have for each of you.
First, and most important that you would draw closer to your Savior, and come to know more of His deep love for you.
But also,
That you would have one good friend, or more if you can. Someone who will laugh at you and with you and love you all the time. Someone to cry with, and pray with, and just share a space with.

I hope that you have days of sunshine, all in a row. That you forget what the rain was like.

When the rains come, because it will, that you will have shelter.

I wish that you would have a day to lay on a beach, dig you toes in the hot sand until you find the coolness underneath and be able to stay there until the sun sets.

That you could lose yourself in worship, singing and dancing for Him.

That you would hold a newborn baby and see the wonder of His creation.

I hope that someone brings you flowers, at just the right time.
...and chocolate.

I wish that you would live in community with other believers. Where is is safe to show emotion and just be yourself. To have acceptance.

To know that although you've had a bad day, or week, or year that it will be okay. God will not leave you, and He will send help for your trouble.

That you would know peace.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year
Love to all of you,
Sushi



4 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

merry christmas sushi. i am enjoying sharing space with you!! you are a good friend.

MUD said...

DON'T LET DEBBIE HOLD THAT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C :) said...

thank you...sounds more like the prayer of your heart then a wish. I am reminded of scripture that says "By this all men will know you are my disciples by your love for one another". God bless and all the best to you also, in the coming year...

Manda said...

ome on rob babys are cute...