Maybe it is a pride thing but when I pray for others He will usually answers quickly and clearly. Many people ask me to pray for them. I always do.
I have been praying for something in my own life for a while now and it does not seem that He is answering. (Or is it that He is not answering in the way that I want and expect of Him?) It has been a real struggle for me, sometimes I feel that I cannot cope with it. I cry out for His mercy and He gets me through another day. That is how I have been getting through, one day at a time. I know that He brings everything into our lives that we might grow and I have been doing that. It seems that the closer I get to Him the weaker I become. I have to rely on Him for the smallest things. The Bible tells us that in our weakness He is made strong. I wonder and sometimes am afraid of where that will take me. I know that I will need to rely even more on Him. That is definitely a pride thing because I hate appearing weak.
God has always been faithful to me even when I have not been faithful to Him. It is not a question of whether He will be there for me. I know He will. He is unchanging in His strength and in His high regard for me. He will love me regardless of the outcome. I take comfort in that.
I pray for the peace and joy that Paul speaks of in Romans 5.
Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through or Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverence, perseverence; character; and character , hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
I like the part that says, ...hope does not disappoint us... because that is where my fear takes me. Straight to disappointment. So for now I keep on praying (perseverence) and being patient(character) and hoping for a change.
Hope floats.
5 comments:
I went to Hope once and I was quite disappointed. I've also gone beyond Hope and seen Hell's Gate.
i lived in Hope for five years when my girls were tiny. jenn was 5, liz was 3 and carolyn was born in Hope. living in Hope was a time of spiritual awakening for me - when i truly began to believe how much God loved me. Hope is wonderful (both!)
I've spent some time at Hell's Gate and I was thankfull once I saw Hope because I knew on was reaching my Mission
Don't know the cause or the outcome... but what a beautiful place to find yourself in. Closer to the Lord, dependant on Him alone, conquering the spirit of fear, consuming the Word.
I'm so sorry you're in it, but Praise God you know the way to making BEAUTY out of it!!
i know where you're comming from with the whole "when I pray for others He will usually answers quickly and clearly. " but when it comes to praying for myself i think it just takes longer to proccess because it's selfishness not so much selfishness but it involves thinkin of yourself and not others. and so i think that if we all pray for you then your prayers will be answered... does anybody else understand what i wrote because im not so sure i do....
Post a Comment