November 08, 2004

Joy in the Sorrow

It seems to be an impossibility but apparently it's true. You can be experiencing sorrow and still have joy. The joy comes from Christ and nowhere else. This was played out for me this weekend.
There is in our congregation a woman who has the gift of dance. She expresses the joy of the spirit through dance. It is awesome and inspiring to watch. You would not know to watch her of the personal battles that she experiences with every day. Her story is not mine to tell but I know that I would be crushed under the load that she carries. And yet she dances..with joy...with passion for her Savior. There are those who would stiffle this expression. I am blessed to be part of a church that does not.
This last weekend the Lord called me to walk along side her as she experienced another of many attacks from Satan. She fared far better than I did. I was humbled and have a new understanding of what she faces. I hope that I can be diligent in my prayer that I would be ready should I ever be called again.
I came to church on sunday and there she was dancing once more. Trusting in her God, showing her love for Him. What freedom we have in Christ that in the midst of the sorrow there would be joy.
limitless
unbounded
overflowing
joy
I can never cease to praise Him. There is no other god like He is. For that gift alone He deserves our praises.

1 comment:

Susy said...

wow