October 28, 2004

in defense

So it has come up again in converstaion the amount of time we must be spending in our blogs either reading others or writing our own. Things are said about the waste of time, the bad use of time, etc. Makes me wonder how much time others are spending because I sure don't spend a lot of time in mine. I have two teenagers in the house who monopolize the computer. Not to mention I work full time as well as having several ministries/studies that I am involved in.
The blog for me has become a way to communicate with people who I would not otherwise find the time for. Not for lack of desire to connect either, just the lack of time. There's also that thing about the different levels of communication, how long does it take us to get to a deeper level. Where we talk about the things that we are feeling and the things that have moved us. For me there are few people who I will go that deep with. I'm a good listener but it will take me awhile to open up to anyone let alone someone I hardly know. In order to get to know people you have to be willing to open up yourself, kind of a catch 22. The blog has helped me with all that. I can write what I want and you can choose to read it if you want. If you want to get to know me it is your choice, and mine too, if I'm willing to practise being open.
I've learned a lot about Gods' love for me and for others in the blog, it has been a growing experience. For me it has not replaced my time in the Lord, but opened it up to share with others. Maybe they will learn something from it, maybe not. Again it is their choice.
So I'll continue because I like who I meet here.

8 comments:

lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lori said...

(This comment might appear twice, not sure it went through the first time)
I have no defense, I love the blog. It's given me many opportunities to completely embarass myself in front of people i hardly know... Even you,Sue. I thought on one of your blogs you were writing a love sonnet to Dennis. Turns out, it was supposed to be God writing to us. (It was the 'I was looking at your eyelashes while you were sleeping' part that threw me) Oh well, I have really enjoyed getting to know you better out here in space!

MUD said...

do i have to be defencive now?...i'm much better at offencive

Susy said...

you shouldn't have to be offensive or defensive

James Goudie said...

In space? Its more like through a network of computers.

haha, that cyberspace name still gets me. what a corny name. It is as if computer nerds like myself watch scifi shows haha

ya i like them! hehe not all though.

Erin said...

In exploring self, you've given a powerful gift to others. In my circle here, I think so differently in many ways from everyone else... wondered how I could be so off?

And then I came across folks like you. Beautiful, open, complicated disciples who share thoughts and feelings I have.

And I suddenly discovered that I wasn't alone at all.

That's powerful.

Anonymous said...

6a.m. Sunday morning-what to do? Can't do housework as it'll disturb the rest of the family that are wrapped up cosily in bed, can't let the dog out for a wee pee as it's the weekend and she too thinks it's a time to sleep in, can't get my cnn/bbc fix 'cause hubbie's taping Coronation street...I know-I'll read the NH blogs ...sometimes I can relate, sometimes it stings, other times I cry, but I always learn something and get some message that I may or may not want to hear and some bite to chew on during my times with God. None of you are wasting your time blogging..what you are saying is often a ministry to others..keep it up!

Forgiven said...

again it comes down to - if you don't like it don't do it. if it's a waste of your time to read it - don't read it.